Follow These Steps to Join our Club:
1) It is a pre-condition for registering your child at St George Little Athletics that you agree to:
(i) participate in the supervision and officiating of events, or to serve in the canteen, or by undertaking another identified duty, at least every second week; and
(ii) remain at Olds Park for the duration of your child’s participation at each Competition evening.
2) We accept an Active Kids voucher and if you intend to use one but have not already applied for it, do so now, and have the voucher number handy. [Note that the State Government makes 2 vouchers available to each eligible child each calendar year, though the second can only be obtained after 1 July, and must be used in the period July – December.] Children are eligible for an Active Kids voucher if they are: a NSW resident, over 4.5 years of age, enrolled to attend school (incl. home schooled) and are a current Medicare card holder. For more info: Active Kids Info
3) On or after 15 August 2020, access the LANSW On-line Registration System and complete the online registration process including payment. St George Little Athletics registrations fees are set out here: FAQ on Fees. The registration process will invite you to provide a voucher number (eg. Active Kids voucher) which will reduce your registration fees. During the on-line Registration process you will be able to purchase a uniform (uniforms are compulsory – see Uniforms for items, prices and a size chart).
4) If you were previously with St George Little Athletics and you already have the STGLAC Team App smartphone set up, you’ll need to do the following to re-activate your Team App (to gain access to content):
- Open the STGLAC Team App on your smartphone;
- Tap the ‘gear’ icon in the top right hand corner;
- Tap ‘Access Groups’
- Tap ‘Parents’
- Make sure the following are filled in: Access Request Message, Phone, Suburb, Post Code, Family (surname) of your child
- Tap ‘Send’
If you are new to St George Little Athletics, download “Team App” [you may already have it for another sport] from your phone’s App Store, sign up, log in and search for “St George LAC”. Choose the access group “Parents”. When signing up for Team App, register in your name, not your child’s! This will be our primary channel for communicating with you about time-sensitive Events, News, and so on. You’ll also find the Club Handbook (soon) and other useful documents in Team App. The following explains how to download and setup Team App on your smartphone or tablet: Team App Brochure.
5) Visit Olds Park on one of our Registration Pack/Uniform Pickup Days to:
- Collect Uniform items (if you ordered any);
- Collect your Registration Pack;
- Signup to a Parent Helper Roster;
There are 2 pick-up days for the 2020/21 season:
Monday 5 October (public holiday)
3 – 4pm: Surnames A – M plus those attending the 5 October Coaching clinic
4 – 5pm: Surnames N – Z
Wednesday 7 October
6 – 7pm: Surnames A – M
7 – 8pm: Surnames N – Z
When you attend, bring with you:
(i) Online Invoice/payment receipt(s);
(ii) Your filled in Working with Children Declaration (downloaded during on-line registration) and
(iii) For newly registering children – a document to prove the child’s age eg. a birth certificate, current Passport or hospital blue book. A clear photograph of the identity document on your phone will suffice.
Note: You will also be able to collect uniforms and Registration Packs between 5:00pm and 5:30pm on Friday Competition Days, subject to you completing your Ordering / Registering prior to Friday).
Note Regarding Senior Athletics / ANSW / Dual Registration
If you have registered a child in an u12 to u17 Age Group, you are able to gain membership of a “senior athletics” club / Athletics NSW at no further cost (so called “Dual Registration”). Unlike previous years, that process is no longer integrated with the process of registering with a Little Athletics club. You will need to separately register with a senior club of your choice via Athletics NSW (ANSW). [We recommend “St George District Athletic Club” (see: St George District Athletics Club ) for senior club membership, but this is entirely your choice.] ANSW advises it will make information available on the ANSW Dual Registration process once their registrations open in September 2020.